[Kstars-devel] The next steps?

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sat Jun 28 07:35:32 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd really like to see how the new system performs with more stars.  I'd
>> hate to see the code released without first seeing how far we can push
>> it.  Would a deadline of July 15 for 10E6 and then July 30 for 80E6 (or
>> 100E6) be too ambitious?

I guess this is my action item.  I'll see what I can do to get Akarsh
a 10e6 catalog this weekend.
The 100E6 catalog may be a problem since the UCAC3 catalog hasn't been
released yet (supposed to be this summer), and the UCAC2 only includes
Dec < +40 degrees.  I'll shoot an email to USNO to ask about the
current status.