[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 01:44:34 CEST 2008

> Oops, that's what I meant, yes.
>
> However, when I search for "M11" in the Find Object tool, I get:
>
> 1999 RM11
> 2000 CM114
>
> Not "M 11" or "M110".

Yes. I will need to think of a solution to this. I don't know what to
do. Right now, M11 works only if you hit enter before one second.

The idea is that the code first checks if you've selected an object in
the list box. If you have (or if you have waited for the 1s timer to
do it), it always takes your choice irrespective of what is in the
textbox, just like earlier.

If you haven't, then it processes your text to make sensible changes
like replacing M11 with M 11. It then selects the first object that
turns up in the list box for "M 11" (IIRC) and goes to that. This
helps people who just like to key the name of the object in, rather
than pick it from a list - the only condition being that they hit
enter within a second.

The ideal solution would be to select no item in the list, if it was
updated through the textbox. I still need to look into that. :)