[Kstars-devel] The next steps?

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 20:19:14 CEST 2008

Hi

[Shifting this discussion to kstars-devel under a new thread]

> I'd really like to see how the new system performs with more stars.  I'd
> hate to see the code released without first seeing how far we can push
> it.  Would a deadline of July 15 for 10E6 and then July 30 for 80E6 (or
> 100E6) be too ambitious?  Ideally that would leave plenty of time to
> work on other stuff during that same time period.  I don't want to
> leave enlarging the catalog until the last minute because I want to
> have time available to solve any problems we may encounter.

I think it doesn't seem too ambitious. I only don't have a clear idea
of what to do from now, till I get the larger data set. I plan to do
the following:

1. Make the memory limiting slider functional
2. Use the broken PM formula to see how much of a size increase it
causes in the star catalogs
3. Add more fields to the binary file format.