[Kstars-devel] Bugfixes in branch

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 06:58:20 CEST 2008

Hi

This is regarding my recent commit with some bugfixes to the branch.

This seems to have fixed a bug which caused lesser number of stars to
be displayed in certain trixels. I've attached a screenshot of what it
was earlier. I am unable to reproduce that situation, so I'm hoping
that it has been fixed.

These fixes also seem to have brought down memory usage, and I could
not cross 111 MB of memory usage as against the earlier 140MB. This
means that we have got 10 times more stars with only 1.5 times the
memory! I could get to a stage where 1871 StarBlocks were used at
maximum.

However, these fixes seem to have added some overhead on slew times at
low zoom factors. I was unable to reproduce the freezing that James
experienced at high zoom, but find it jerky at low zoom.

As indicated by the timings (obtained by pressing 'B'), it takes about
225ms for a single redraw at intermediate zoom levels. This is bad,
but I see quite a few places where I can try improving it, and will
try to do the same tomorrow.