[Kstars-devel] branches/kstars/summer/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 00:54:18 CEST 2008

> I noticed that if I reduce the maglim via the "zoomed out faint limit",
> the number of "visible" stars reported does not change even though the
> number of stars on the screen goes down.

Hmm... Ok. That is acceptable because what is reported as "visible"
stars is actually number of stars in visible trixels

> Also, I once got this warning:
>
> kstars(7194) StarComponent::draw: SBL::fillToMag(  11.8604  ) failed for
> trixel  344  !

It's not just that. The whole StarBlockFactory is broken and
buggy. The StarBlockList's blocks are not in the right order, the
cache is going blank sometimes (all blocks unlinked) when it should
not happen.

I'm debugging it right now. The whole thing is in a pathetic mess. I
hope to commit the fixed version in a few hours.