[Kstars-devel] SatLIb verification

Bernard GODARD bernard.godard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 21:14:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

I downloaded kstars from svn yesterday.
The satellite code seems still to contain the wrong sign for the longitude.

Also, there is a problem with the graduation mark along the satellite
track. They appear OK when the program starts, but they get messed up
after some user actions:
see image : http://godard.b.free.fr/echange/kstars/kstars.png

On this image you can also see that there is a problem with the DST Rules.
Local Time shown by Gnome (top right of the image) is 20:36
Local Time shown by Kstars is 19:36 (not correct)
UT shown by Kstars is 18:36 (correct)
Time Zone is UT+1 and Daylight Saving Time for Europe applies
If I change DST Rules to US (without overriding data for the city), I
get the correct time (20.36) , but when I open the geographic window
again, DST Rules is still set to EU and changing it to '--'
(nothing), 'EU' or 'US' doesn't have any effects : kstars still show
20.36.

On another note is it normal that almost everything is commented out
in SkyMapComposite::update?

I had a hard time compiling everything. The instructions at
http://edu.kde.org/kstars/svn.php are always outdated since KDE4 is
still growing.
I had to compile kdesupport, kdelibpims, kdebase and download plenty
of required dev packages to get kstars to compile.

Clear skies,

               Bernard