[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Jul 23 20:20:44 CEST 2008

SVN commit 837078 by harris:

Use different colors for each planet in the Sky Calendar tool, which
helps a lot.

Along the way, added a static member QVector<QColor>
KSPlanetBase::planetColor to hold the color for each planet (it's
indexed on the recent KSPlanetBase enum for major planets).  This way
we don't have to repeat ahrd-coded colors all over the codebase.

I also added a member function SkyMapComposite::planet(int n) that
retrieves the planet pointer using the same enum.  This lets us avoid
using findByName() for planets, although it still uses findByName()
internally.

Finally, I am not creating temporary planet objects in
SkyCalendar::addPlanetEvents() anymore, because the needed SkyObject
functions (riseSetTime() and transitTime() are set up to modify the
position of a planet as needed, and then restore the original position
when they are finished.  Unfortunately, this didn't have any
noticeable impact on the time it takes to populate the plot.

CCMAIL: kstars-devel at kde.org

 M  +7 -7      ksplanet.cpp
 M  +13 -0     ksplanetbase.cpp
 M  +2 -0      ksplanetbase.h
 M  +15 -0     skycomponents/skymapcomposite.cpp
 M  +2 -0      skycomponents/skymapcomposite.h
 M  +7 -7      skycomponents/solarsystemcomposite.cpp
 M  +11 -11    skymapevents.cpp
 M  +10 -10    skyobject.cpp
 M  +3 -4      skyobject.h
 M  +9 -16     tools/skycalendar.cpp