[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 00:11:29 CEST 2008

> Implementing changes in the Catalog Options UI. These include:
>
> + Replacing the 'Memory Usage' slider with a 'Star Density' slider.
>
> + Removing the option to set faint star magnitude limit when zoomed
>   out.
>
> + Modifying the formula for magnitude limit to work with the new
>   slider.
>
> + Propogating the changes in the UI to other code that they affect.

Well, I just commited these, so that others could take a look, and I
found that the everyone was on agreement with the User Interface to a
good extent.

I'm open to changes, and I'll modify things when we agree on something
better.

I liked the current slider set up. My system takes a whole long time
to redraw the map when the slider is at the maximum, but it looks
nice. At the minimum, just the brightest stars of brighter
constellations are visible. I liked to keep the slider somewhere at
28.

@James: I just had a glance at your mail and noticed that you've
suggested some solutions regarding magnitude limits etc. I'll get back
to you soon.