[Kstars-devel] branches/kstars/unfrozen/kstars/kstars/tools

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 11:00:20 CEST 2008

> Akarsh, your commit message mentioned fixing a few bugs that my original patch
> revealed...was there anything besides reducing the tolerance of findPrecise() to 1
> minute?

Yes. There was. I had passed prevSign instead of Sign, into
findPrecise, which was causing it to find minima only when it passed a
maximum (because of the prevSign == 1 that was there earlier) - so it
was taking much longer than it should have taken. When we removed
prevSign, most minima were listed twice, because findPrecise() was
called once for the minimum and once for the maximum.

Basically, the passing of prevSign instead of Sign caused findPrecise
to stray away from the target point and find other 'distant'
extrema. That's now fixed. With this fix, I could check prevSign ==
-1, which is the correct check for minima.

That's the other fix made.