[Kstars-devel] wait cursor for conjunction tool

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Tue Jul 1 07:35:48 CEST 2008

Hi Akarsh,

I was testing the conjunctions tool after your recent change to use
finer time steps.  The computation takes quite a bit of time now, so I
think we should use the wait cursor to let the user know.  It's easy
to use, just call 'QApplication::setOverrideCursor( Qt::WaitCursor );'
when the computation starts, and
'QApplication::restoreOverrideCursor();' when it's finished.

It would be even better to combine the wait cursor with a progress
bar, but that should probably be done in the unfrozen branch.

FYI, I just noticed that my changes to conjunctions.cpp in unfrozen
are causing a crash when computing conjunctions with the Moon.  I'm
looking into it...