[Kstars-devel] kstars conflicts with indilib

Gabriel C crazy at frugalware.org
Mon Jan 14 19:46:25 CET 2008

Jasem Mutlaq wrote:
> On Monday 14 January 2008 08:21:07 pm Gabriel C wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When building with indi support kstars installs $prefix/bin/indiserver
>> which conflicts with indilib's indiserver.
>>
>> I'm not sure what the solution for this problem may be.. Probably renaming
>> kstars one ?
>
> It depends whether you're using KStars as you're primary client or not. If you
> are, then simply install indilib with the $prefix being that of KDE
> (e.g. /opt/kde3). But if you're using indilib with another client, then you
> can simply delete KStars's indiserver.

I use 4.1 trunk and right now kstars is the only client , both being installed with the same prefix /usr ..

However in theory users could use any other client with indilib so that is still an problem ( for distro packages ).

I've solved local ( even is wrong I know ) by installing kstars indiserver to ${LIBEXEC_INSTALL_DIR}.

Gabriel