[Kstars-devel] Including the SAC deep-sky catalog?

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 14:22:34 CET 2008

Hi

We got permission to use the SAC catalog in KStars!

Now, the SAC catalog is a list of "observable" deep-sky objects
generated by the Saguaro Astronomy Club. It'll mostly be of great help
to amateur astronomers. But it isn't complete: It lists most of NGC
and a little of IC (as Jason said in an earlier thread where this was
discussed).

I think the SAC will be benificial by large because it has a lot of
those Caldwell, Herschel, Collinder, Melotte stuff which are not
present in NGC / IC, and are rather bright and easily observable.

How about shipping a combination of the complete NGC / IC dataset
along with the SAC catalog? I can take care of this merger and
removing the common stuff.