[Kstars-devel] default stars catalog

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 11:07:23 CEST 2008

Hi

Interestingly, I was thinking of the same thing today morning. I will
increase the default catalog limit to 10.0 and see how the memory
usage is affected sometime shortly.

Another solution I was considering would be to have a smaller version
of deepstars.dat shipped along with KStars (loaded dynamically), which
gets replaced by the Tycho-2 deepstars.dat when the user decides to
download the new data file. That would be the simplest thing to
implement without having a negative effect on the memory efficiency.

I was born free: No Gates and Windows can restrict my freedom.
http://iitmlug.wiki-site.com
http://www.bas.org.in