[Kstars-devel] Magnitude of Mars

Andrew Buck andrew.buck at ndsu.edu
Thu Apr 17 03:30:41 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 22:25 +0530, Akarsh Simha wrote:
> Hi
>
> > I was using Kstars tonight and I looked at the info/details for Mars.  I
> > noticed that the current visual magnitude for Mars is listed as 15.3
> > (March 18, 2008 23:04 US central time [GMT -5]) which is clearly
> > incorrect.  I'm not sure if this is an error in the database or in the
> > calculation which figures in distance, etc, but something is amiss.
>
> I cannot reproduce this in a recent SVN revision that I am currently
> on.
>
> Regards
> Akarsh.

I am running version 1.2.5 (kde version 3.5.8) right now however I have
recently switched to Debian testing.  I think when I had this error I
was running Debian stable (etch).  This version has 1.6 for the
magnitude as it's listed now, so its presumably been fixed then.  Sorry
about bringing up a bug in what was probably a fairly old version.  If I
send in any more reports in the future I'll remember to document the
version as well.

-Buck