[Kstars-devel] whitespace: worth fixing?

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Sep 21 21:54:15 CEST 2007

Hello,

Whitespace is currently a bit of a mess in our codebase.  I've always tried to
use TAB characters in my code, which I now kind of regret because many
non-Jason people use spaces instead, and spaces are recommended by the
kdelibs coding style guidelines[1].

We can fix the code in an automated was using astyle[2], but this will add a
"useless" entry to the svn history of all files, and would require a large
file transfer the next time you svn up.

Is it worth fixing the whitespace in our codebase to use 4 spaces instead of a
TAB?  If so, does it make sense to do it now, before 4.0.0 is released, or
should we wait until after the freeze is lifted for such a pervasive (but
non-functional) change?

thanks,
Jason

[1]: http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Kdelibs_Coding_Style#Indentation