[Kstars-devel] strategies for expanding the size of catalogs

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 16 21:33:06 CEST 2007

On Tue October 16 2007, Jan Kotek wrote:
> My program is using SQL database and HTM index. It already can read
> about 60 catalogs and I am going to convert all of them to database
> tables in near future. Maybe you can use my tables, it  saves you lot
> of work.

Thank you for this kind and generous offer.  I would be delighted to
get your data when it is ready.  I'm already running MySQL and even
though I don't want to make KStars depend on MySQL, I think it will
be _very_ valuable for development work.  Currently I use Perl programs
to read our stars.dat flat file but that will become impractical when
the number of stars vastly increases.  Your data would be a huge boon.

--
Peace, James