[Kstars-devel] Proposed patch for semi-transparent label BG

Jason Harris jharris at 30doradus.org
Sun Nov 25 19:01:06 CET 2007

Hello,

I just committed a patch to restore the semi-transparent background of our
on-screen infoboxes.

I would like to use the same semi-transparent background for object labels,
instead of the current opaque background using the sky color.  My proposed
patch is attached[1].  I think it looks a lot better this way.  The only
potential drawback is some confusion when labels overlap, but IMO, it's not
that bad.

For 4.1, I would make the the rendering of label BGs an option (full opaque,
semi-transparent, or full transparent), but for now I'd like to hard-code the
semi-transparent rendering.

Any objections?

regards,
Jason

[1]: cd $KDESOURCE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars; patch -p0 < semitrans_labels.patch