[Kstars-devel] astroinfo project

Alexander Braun kstars at alexanderbraun.de
Sat Nov 17 02:35:26 CET 2007

Hello kstars ml,

my name is Alexander and I offered about a month ago my help with the
astroinfo project on the kstars-info ml. After contacting Jason I sent
him a small article on nutation, that he widely enhanced, so that it was
as well more understandable as technically more correct. Thanks a lot
for that work again :)

I promised to send a list of articles, I'd be interested to write and if
it would be possible already some articles too. Unfortunately I could
not work out as much as I planned, because my current job demands a lot
of time at the moment. Nevertheless I could assemble a still incomplete
list of articles, that could be written and a few little articles.

Jason suggested to send them to the devel-mailing list. Though I could
not complete as much as I liked, I'd like to send this list and the
articles anyway for further discussion.

Regarding Keplers law I had planned to include the mathematical
description as well, but could not get equations into my docbook -
perhaps anybody has a helpful hint on this. I decided against equations
in the Kepler text anyway, because probably it would be to deep into
detail. But maybe it might be helpful for other articles.

Hopefully anything useful can be done with these articles (I'm no native
speaker - and my English just slowly improves again)

The list and articles can be found under:

http://www.alexanderbraun.de/kstars/articlelist.txt
http://www.30doradus.org/kstars/astroinfo/celmech.xml
http://www.30doradus.org/kstars/astroinfo/kepler.zip
http://www.30doradus.org/kstars/astroinfo/nutation.xml