[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Jason Harris jharris at 30doradus.org
Sun Nov 11 20:13:42 CET 2007

Hi,

On Sunday 11 November 2007 11:41:21 am Jasem Mutlaq wrote:
> > I need to remove ExtDate because it's based on Qt-3.x code, which is
> > necessarily licensed under GPL v2 only.  KDE is migrating to GPL v3,
> > which is not compatible with GPL v2.
>
> What does it mean for those of us who don't want to move to GPL v3?

If your GPL v2 license is unmodified (i.e., it contains the phrase "(at your
option) any later version"), then there's no problem.  The incompatibility
arises if you've modified the license so that only GPL v2 is allowed.

In that case, I'm not sure what the options would be.  At this point, we have
no such code in KStars.

regards,
Jason