[Kstars-devel] Some user feedback

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Tue May 29 19:31:57 CEST 2007

Hi all!

Wow! HTM seems too complicated to switch over to, right now. I will
try to spare some time trying to work on making the Star Database into
something HTM compliant.

For the time being, however, I think that we could still split the
Hiparcos data further and gain some speed. This should be easier to
implement. What we could do is, as I mentioned earlier, divide the sky
into 24 RA Hour ranges and have a set of magnitude-sorted (like we
have now) catalog files for each of these slots. This way, we could
load whatever is in the range of view only.

Would this work? I don't mind taking up the task of converting the
data files to something similar to what I have described now. I will
also try HTM, but slowly.

Regards,
     Akarsh
http://www.bas.org.in