[Kstars-devel] Quite a few bugs

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sat May 26 21:25:29 CEST 2007

Hello

I am new to this mailing list. I am Akarsh Simha, a student of
Physics, from Bangalore, India and an amateur astronomer. Am not very
well acquainted with Linux programming, though I can do some coding in
C++.

I was looking through KStars and found a few bugs, which I'm posting here:

1. The highlighted constellation boundaries do not coincide with the
actual boundaries when zoomed in.
2. Io and Europa are not displaying correctly
3. Constellation names in the object identification that pops up when
you right click on the object shows the constellations' three letter
abbreviations instead of the name.
4. I opened the Object Details dialog and clicked on the image to do
an image search. After I closed the image search dialog, I got a
segmentation fault. I have saved the Backtrace that KDE generated.
5. It seems like there is no display symbol for asteroids. I feel that
the symbol for comets need to be something more meaningful.

Regards,