[Kstars-devel] Hello: my first post and question

Carlo Vinante c.vinante at tiscali.it
Sun Jun 24 12:26:55 CEST 2007

Hello everybody

I've just subscribe this ML and I would introduce myself.
Amateur astronomer since 1990, I started to use CCDs in 90s starting with a
Lynxx PC (equipped with a TI TC211 ccd).
I have very little experience as programmes, mainly with Pascal and a little
C.
Started to use Linux some years ago, my experience is limited to a simple
configuration. I mean that I'm still having some problem expecially on
configuring some special piece of hardware, like usb stuffs.
Actually I'm running a Debian Etch with KDE on a "old" notebook Compaq
Presario 2700.
My CCD is a Finger Lake CM1-1 attached to a Celestron C 9 ¼.

Here comes the question:

I've tried to setup and configure the FLI ccd on kstars (btwy, very nice
program !) but I'm not able to do this.
I can see the camera corrected identified but I'm not able to connect to it.
Where is my mistake ?  Permission ?
Where I could find some documentation ?

Many thanks for the help
compliments from
Carlo Vinante

--
L'informatica era una scienza esatta; poi venne Bill Gates.
anonimo XX° secolo

http://www.astronomia-euganea.it
http://cara.uai.it
icq ID - 300392710