[Kstars-devel] INDI Library v0.6 in SVN

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 28 09:19:50 CEST 2007

On Fri July 27 2007 11:27 pm, Jasem Mutlaq wrote:
> cfitsio should be installed independently, but you
> should be using the INDI shipped with KStars, not INDI
> v0.5. CMake shouldn't suggest installing INDI v0.5,
> are you sure about that?

To verify, I uninstalled indi, deleted the contents of my build-kdeedu
directory and re-ran cmake [...] ../kdeedu in it.  Near the bottom of the
cmake output was:

-- The following list of OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system. --
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.         --
+ OCaml: OCaml is needed by Kalzium <http://caml.inria.fr/>
+ LibFacile: libfacile is needed by Kalzium <http://www.recherche.enac.fr/log/facile/>
+ OpenBabel2, 2.1: OpenBabel is needed by Kalzium <http://openbabel.sourceforge.net/>
+ Boost.Python, 1.31: Kig can optionally use Boost.Python for Python scripting <http://www.boost.org/>
+ libsbigudrv, 1.00: SBIG Universal Driver is needed by KStars <http://indi.sourceforge.net/>

There had also been a similar message about libcfitsio which prompted me to
install that as well.

I was having some other problems at the time (which I later fixed) which
caused cmake to error out right after it printed out the above messages
and this is what prompted me to install the suggested optional libraries
for KStars.

I was able to rebuild both libkdeedu and kstars without the external
indi library and they compiled just fine and kstars ran fine too.

BTW: I am having a problem with svn that is blocking me from fixing the
kdeedu_kstars_htm branch.  I am unable to get svn to undo any changes
I make.  Thiago had suggested that I use "svn rm xxx" to remove files
and directories that I don't need and if I remove something I do need,
he said I should use "svn revert xxx" and "svn up xxx" in order to
undo the "svn rm" but it doesn't seem to work.

Many of my changes were still in kdeedu/kstars tree.  I wanted to get
rid of them so that an update would not create any collisions with the
code you added.  So in the kdeedu directory I ran:

   $ svn revert kstars

   $ svn update kstars

But my changes didn't disappear.  Luckily there were no conflicts
between your changes and mine so I was able to get KStars to compile.

Previously, I had installed KStars with just your changes by compiling
the kstars code in the kdeedu_kstars_htm branch which was a fresh copy
I had just made of the kdeedu trunk  I can't compile that code anymore
because I had run "svn delete libkdeedu".  KStars needs at least one
header file from there so I tried to svn revert and svn update but the
files don't re-appear even though "svn list" tells me they exist on the
server.

I'm proably just doing something stupid but I don't know what it is.

I need to go to bed now.

--
Peace, James