[Kstars-devel] Kstars and comets.dat issue // was Re: Kstars-devel Digest, Vol 38, Issue 11

Peter Baitz baitzph at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 21:38:20 CET 2007

Jason,

Sorry, I guess to answer my own question, here's what
I found about the ephemeris data download earlier
today to my own account and this afternoon to the root
account:

# cd /home/reguser/.kde/share/apps/kstars
# ls -ld comets.dat
-rw-rw-r--  1 reguser reguser 291391 Jan 11 10:59
comets.dat

# cd /root/.kde/share/apps/kstars
# ls -l comets.dat
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 284311 Jan 11 14:44 comets.dat

So the comets.dat download this morning was different
than this afternoon (as would be expected since you
fixed it), and kstars now sees McNaught 2006 P1 with
the Find Object function, and kstars running as root.

However, Kstars still has a problem coming up on
screen now since this morning's download using my
regular account - here's what I get (and I've copied
the corrected comets.dat from root to my user
account):

$ kstars
kbuildsycoca running...
DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qvaluelist.h (372)
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qvaluelist.h (372)
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qvaluelist.h (372)
ExtDate: Invalid date -146--6--28
ExtDate: Invalid date -043--5--25
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qvaluelist.h (372)
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qvaluelist.h (372)
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qvaluelist.h (372)
ExtDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
QTime::setHMS Invalid time -12:00:00.000
QTime::setHMS Invalid time -12:00:00.000
QTime::setHMS Invalid time -12:00:00.000
QTime::setHMS Invalid time -12:00:00.000

Kstars was running onscreen just fine this morning
before I downloaded the new data.

Now all this said, I have to try the same thing at
home where I have Kstars latest version.  Right now I
only have 1.1 installed, so maybe has something to do
with new data and 1.1.

Peter