[Kstars-devel] Kstars-devel Digest, Vol 38, Issue 11

Peter Baitz baitzph at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 21:17:35 CET 2007

Hi Jason,

Sorry to keep you waiting. I'll respond to both your
emails here because it seems pertinent.

Per your original email, after I had downloaded the
updated ephemeris today with Get Hot New Stuff, I was
using the Find Object feature and it was not showing
up.  But, when I read your first email, I closed down
Kstars and started it up again but
mysteriously/suddenly ran into an issue running it as
my normal user id, so ran Kstars it as root, wherebye
I wound up having to download all that stuff again,
and it is now working.  But Kstars won't show up on
screen for my normal account - only the banner screen
shows momentarily, and in memory I see it.

So to also answer your second email, I have apparently
downloaded your corrected version since it is now
working for root user.   I am wondering if there are
two copies of the downloaded data (comets.dat) for
each user which could be hosing up Kstars for my
regular user?

Peter