[Kstars-devel] www/sites/edu/kstars/downloads

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Jan 11 16:36:26 CET 2007

Hello,

Jason Harris wrote:
> SVN commit 622334 by harris:
>
> Adding file with updated asteroid/comet data (including comet
> McNaught (2006 P1))

I have added new comet.dat/asteroid.dat files both to Get New Stuff and
to SVN trunk.  Unfortunately, I am at a meeting this week and I am not
able to test these files.  Can someone please try it out for me?

Just install the new files via "Download new stuff" in the file menu,
and then search for comet McNaught (2006 P1).  It should be near the
Sun, with nearly the same ecliptic longitude (but offset from the ecliptic).

I haven't yet backported the files to the 3.5 branch, but I will if I
can get confirmation that it works before the Jan 15 tagging deadline.

thanks,