[Kstars-devel] [patch] improve rendering time for stars by a factor of 20

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 25 01:42:01 CET 2007

On Mon December 24 2007, Jason Harris wrote:
> Yes, I disabled this for testing purposes.  Actually, with the
> faster drawing, I'm considering removing the slew-mode aliasing
> altogether, and leaving antialiasing set to the user's option at
> all times.  Comments?
>
> The numbers are:
> slew-mode draw loop with antialiasing: 45 ms   without: 20 ms

I would leave the anti-aliasing off while slewing unless the timing
is thoroughly tested for all the many components.  The response seemed
very sluggish when I enabled anti-aliasing during slewing just now and
the map was zoomed out and the coordinate grid was on.

Perhaps we should give users the option to turn on/off anti-aliasing
while slewing in 4.1 but since we need to lock in this setting for now,
I suggest we cater to people with slower machines.

--
Peace, James