[Kstars-devel] [patch] improve rendering time for stars by a factor of 20

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 22:38:04 CET 2007

Hi

I somehow could not notice a very significant difference with the patch on
my system. Must be some trivial mistake. I will have a look at it again
tomorrow.

> > So, I want people's opinion.  Should we consider this a bugfix, or at
> > least a regression fix, and add it now?  Or should we hold off until
> > trunk thaws? I'd really like some help testing this change if we're
> > going to add it now.

I feel that something that produces 20x increase in speed should not be
left out from the release. I really don't know whether this can be considered
as a bugfix, but I think we could consider it as a regression fix. Since the
patch doesn't seem to make any big changes and doesn't alter any l10n strings,
it should be ok. So, I'm for the idea of including it in KDE 4.0

Regards
Akarsh.