[Kstars-devel] Inaccurate Catalogs?

Jason Harris jharris at 30doradus.org
Fri Dec 7 15:15:49 CET 2007

Hello,

On Thursday 06 December 2007 11:39:15 pm Akarsh Simha wrote:
> What about this one? I've seen many commercial and free software use this.
> (eg: SkyMap Pro, and Cartes du Ciel)
> I however couldn't find any license agreement whatsoever...
> http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/downloads.htm

On this page, they credit ngcic.org and Wolfgang Steinicke as sources.  Both
have stated to me in the past that their data are to be used for
non-commercial purposes only, which is not compatible with the GPL.  I have
no idea how SkyMap Pro is using the catalog, given this fact.

In any case, I will still email them...