[Kstars-devel] Inaccurate Catalogs?

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 7 08:07:27 CET 2007

On Thu December 6 2007, Akarsh Simha wrote:
> What about this one? I've seen many commercial and free software use
> this. (eg: SkyMap Pro, and Cartes du Ciel)
> I however couldn't find any license agreement whatsoever...
> http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/downloads.htm

The file Sacdoc.txt says:

  This data is released for private use of anyone who wishes to use
  this database.

The comment Jason made about another database applies here.  This
is not compatible with the GPL which also allows for commercial
and non-private use.  Perhaps the Saguaro Astronomy Club would
consider giving us a license that would be compatible with the
GPL or maybe there are other solutions.

--
Peace, James