[Kstars-devel] kstars in kdeedu 3.96.2 tarball broken

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Dec 5 16:40:02 CET 2007

Hello,

The issue isn't the versioning in cmake.  It's that the linker is not
linking the libnova library for some reason.  I installed
libnova-0.12.1 here, and I get the same linker error that Tobias
reported:
Linking CXX executable indi_celestron_gps
CMakeFiles/indi_celestron_gps.dir/libs/indicom.o: In function `extractISOTime':
/home/kstars/kde/src/kdeedu/kstars/kstars/indi/libs/indicom.c:72:
undefined reference to `ln_get_date_from_tm'
/home/kstars/kde/src/kdeedu/kstars/kstars/indi/libs/indicom.c:78:
undefined reference to `ln_get_date_from_tm'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [kstars/kstars/indi/indi_celestron_gps] Error 1

However, ln_get_date_from_tm does indeed appear to be in the library:
% strings /usr/lib64/libnova.so | grep ln_get_date_from_tm
ln_get_date_from_tm

So it seems that the problem must be that the library is not getting
linked.  I took a quick look at the indi/CMakeLists.txt file but
unfortunately I really don't have time to dig into this today.  I hope
Jasem will be able to have a look before the RC2 tagging.

Jason