[Kstars-devel] Compilation problem of Kstars on linux

Jason Harris jharris at 30doradus.org
Fri Aug 31 16:41:00 CEST 2007

On Friday 31 August 2007 04:49:54 am Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
> hi,
>
> there is some compilation pb with current kstar of KDE4 in Linux :

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I think none of the devs have
noticed this problem because we aren't using KDE4_ENABLE_FINAL.  I infer that
you are using this option from this line:

> /home/neoclust/kdeedu-3.91/build/kstars/kstars/htmesh/htmesh_final_cpp.cpp:

*_final_cpp.cpp files are created when enable-final is active.

In any case, it seems that there are windows-only source code files that are
ignored (by non-WIN machines) when enable-final is not used, but are included
when enable-final is used.

I can't find the logic in the code that skips these windows-only files, so I
don't know how to modify it to work with enable-final.  Hopefully, James will
be able to enlighten us soon.

Devs, if you want to test this, just add "-DKDE$_ENABLE_FINAL=1" to your cmake
line.

While waiting for the real fix, it should be possible to tell cmake not to use
enable-final in kstars.  I'll try to find out how to do that today.

thanks again,