[Kstars-devel] release schedule reprieve

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Aug 29 20:54:38 CEST 2007

Hello,

Sanity has prevailed: the release date for 4.0 is being pushed back.  The
current proposed schedule on the release-team ML[1] looks like this:

September 25: 3.94 (KDE 4.0 Beta3)
October 25: 3.95 (KDE 4.0 Beta4)
November 20: Total Release Freeze
November 22: 3.97 (KDE 4.0 Technology Platform Release a.k.a. RC1)
December 6: 3.98 (KDE 4.0 RC2)
December 20: 4.0.0 tagged, is unannounced except to distros-- 4.0.x
branched, trunk unfreezes...
January 17: 4.0.0 announcement and release party

So, features and strings will probably remain unfrozen until November 20th.  I
still want to be focused on bugfixing and polishing well before this date,
but at least I may now have time to finish the calculator batch modes.

This is just a release-team proposal at this point; it will have to be
presented for discussion on k-d and k-c-d before it becomes "official".  But
I think something similar to the above proposal will be accepted.

regards,
Jason

[1]: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2007-August/000611.html
--