[Kstars-devel] beta2 is imminent

Jason Harris jharris at 30doradus.org
Mon Aug 27 15:52:23 CEST 2007

Hello,

The release schedule for 4.0 has been very squishy, and the published one at
techbase.k.o is only loosely connected to reality.

From what I've been able to glean from the release-team mailing list, the
following is currently true:

+ beta2 will be tagged thiss week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.  This will
mark the feature freeze for 4.0.

+ However, it does not yet mark the *strings* freeze, as I had previously
thought.  It's not clear when the strings freeze will happen, but it could be
as late as November.  I know this seems strange, given that 4.0.0 is
scheduled for release in October, but we're planning a "PR release" with a
big party at the googleplex in January.  The hope is that, to most of the
public, this will be the actual 4.0 release.  Don't know how they're going to
work that in the age of Digg, but there you go.

So we still have time to polish strings and work on the manual, but new
features are basically closed.

regards,