[Kstars-devel] I fixed the star jump bug

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 3 17:40:10 CEST 2007

I had neglected to close the door behind me after the updateCoord()
call in the routine below.

Both ConstellationLines and StarComponent call this routine as needed
from within their own draw() routines.  Since I didn't close the door,
updateCoord() was being called every time which meant I was updating
the stars' locations between the times the lines and the stars were
drawn.  The one line addition below fixed the problem:

 void StarObject::JITupdate( KStarsData* data )
 {
     updateID = data->updateID();
     if ( updateNumID != data->updateNumID() ) {
         updateCoords( data->updateNum() );
+        updateNumID = data->updateNumID();
     }
     EquatorialToHorizontal( data->lst(), data->geo()->lat() );
 }

--
Peace, James