[Kstars-devel] KDE feature freeze

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Aug 3 02:46:37 CEST 2007

Hi again,

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 11:13, Jason Harris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As you may know, KDE4.0-beta1 is currently being tagged in preparation for
> release.  This means that trunk is now feature-frozen, and it will be
> message-frozen on August 20th.

FYI, this may not be set in stone yet.  There's been a discussion on the
release-team mailing list on whether the apps are currently frozen or not,
and no consensus has been reached yet.

Today I made a proposal on that list[1] that would leave apps in a "soft"
freeze until the messages freeze hits (currently scheduled for Aug 20th).
The soft freeze would mean that changes are allowed if approved by the
module's release coordinator and/or by consensus on the module's mailing
list.  My proposal hasn't received any replies yet.

I'll keep you posted on further developments.

regards,
Jason

[1]: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2007-August/000555.html

--