[Kstars-devel] KDE feature freeze

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Aug 1 20:13:50 CEST 2007

Hello,

As you may know, KDE4.0-beta1 is currently being tagged in preparation for
release.  This means that trunk is now feature-frozen, and it will be
message-frozen on August 20th.

So, no more feature commits in trunk until after KDE4.0 is released.  I had
some things I had wanted to add for 4.0, but I simply didn't have time to
work on KStars at all the past several weeks. :(

Time to work on bugfixing and optimization for 4.0.  I could really use help
with this; is anyone available?  Even simply testing the program to identify
problems would be a big help.  At some point we'll need to write our usual QA
list of KStars expected behaviors, and test each of them.

Since we can still change strings until Aug 20th, it would be a good idea to
go through the manual to make sure everything there is up to date.  Anyone
want to volunteer for this?

thanks,

KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium
kstars at 30doradus.org