[Kstars-devel] simplifying calculator modules

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Sep 20 16:06:43 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've been thinking of ways to simplify the calculator.  I think the user
interfaces can be made much cleaner if we make the output widgets respond
automatically to changes in the input (so there's no need for "Compute" or
"Clear" buttons, or for input-selection widgets).  Also, the output widgets
don't need to be editable unless it makes sense that the user would want to
modify the values.  And people are probably more comfortable choosing a
location from our geographic database rather than having to enter longitude
and latitude values.

I've attached a few UI files showing what I am thinking.  Compare them to the
existing modules and let me know what you think.  I added Moon data to the
day length module; I'm thinking of renaming it to "Almanac".

regards,

KStars: http://edu.kde.org/kstars
Community Forums: http://kstars.30doradus.org