[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sun Nov 26 02:10:23 CET 2006

SVN commit 607868 by harris:

Several changes:

Changed XYZ stuff in SkyPoint and SkyMap to use Quaternions; added
quaternion.[h|cpp] as part of this.  We still aren't actually using this
code, but it's in place for when we are ready to try it.

Removed SatelliteTrack class; moved its functionality to
SatelliteComponent.  Added SatelliteComposite to manage the
SatelliteComponents.  The code is ready to start testing actual
satellite tracks in the sky map.

MilkyWayComponent is now derived from LineListComponent.  I tried to
make this class work properly with the new SkyMap::toScreen(SkyLine)
function, but it got too complicated.  The problem is that this function
truncates lines at the edge of the screen, which messes up the
construction of the MW polygons.  Rather that try to deal with all the
corner cases, I simply added a bool option to SkyMap::toScreen(SkyLine)
that allows you to deactivate the truncation of lines at the screen
edge.  So Milky Way polygons will exist beyond the borders of the
SkyMap.

CCMAIL: kstars-devel at kde.org

 M  +3 -2      CMakeLists.txt
 A             quaternion.cpp   [License: no copyright]
 A             quaternion.h   [License: UNKNOWN]
 D             satellitetrack.cpp
 D             satellitetrack.h
 M  +66 -101   skycomponents/milkywaycomponent.cpp
 M  +4 -4      skycomponents/milkywaycomponent.h
 M  +39 -39    skycomponents/milkywaycomposite.cpp
 M  +13 -65    skycomponents/satellitecomponent.cpp
 M  +6 -36     skycomponents/satellitecomponent.h
 A             skycomponents/satellitecomposite.cpp   [License: GPL (v2+)]
 A             skycomponents/satellitecomposite.h   [License: GPL (v2+)]
 M  +40 -25    skymap.cpp
 M  +21 -9     skymap.h
 M  +7 -4      skymapevents.cpp
 M  +8 -13     skypoint.cpp