[Kstars-devel] HTM code questions

Jason Harris jharris at 30doradus.org
Sat May 27 13:18:23 CEST 2006

Hello,

I contacted you earlier about our desire to use the HTM code in our
program KStars.  Can I ask some more questions about it?

1) Licensing.  Four of the *.cpp files in htm/app have comments that
indicate licensing under the GPL.  What is the license of the remaining
files (e.g., the files in src, *.c files in app, the header files in
include, etc)?

2) Compile error.  We had trouble with the following code:

src/SpatialInterface.cpp:538-539:
         //was: polyCorners_.insert(polyCorners_.end() - i - 1);
         polyCorners_.insert(polyCorners_.end() - i - 1);

What's odd is that the commented line is identical to the uncommented
one.  Perhaps a fix got reverted here?  Consider the similar line
further down the file:

src/SpatialInterface.cpp:478:
     polyCorners_.insert(polyCorners_.end(), polyCorners_[1]);
     // GYF polyCorners_[1] was missing!!!!

Judging from the comment here (and the compiler errors), our troubles
are due to a missing second argument in the first instance.  But what
should the second argument be in the first instance?  We simply inserted
the same argument (polyCorners_[1]) to get it to compile, but we don't
know that this is correct, and the runtest program doesn't seem to enter
this particular code block.

thanks,