[Kstars-devel] Back

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Mon May 15 18:39:52 CEST 2006

Hello all,

The domain name for my email was down for the last
week, and I was only able to restore it in the last
few hours. So Jason's guess was right :)

The only troubling issue I have right now is that for
some odd reason, I can't use CMAKE at work. I'm using
their SVN version but it always fails to find qmake
despite the fact that qmake is in $PATH. Hopefully I
can find a resolution soon since I can always spare a
couple of hours at work to update KStars/INDI.

Regarding the checks in configure.in.in, I'm not sure
how to convert them to CMAKE equivilents. We had
exec-install-hook in the Makefile.am before to create
symbolic links for a few telescopes, and I used
ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND in CMake to convert it, but it's
not working exactly right, as CMake attempts to create
the symbolic links during compiliation and this will
result in permission error (perm denied). It will only
make if you run 'make install' with root privilages.
Interestingly, if you run 'cmake' after the permission
error, it will continue compiling.

So I'd appreciate it if Mr. Toscano can make the
converion for the configure checks :)

Cheers,
Jasem