[Kstars-devel] ExtDateEdit

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Mar 2 08:19:11 CET 2006

Hello,

I am looking at the problem with ExtDateEdit that Jasem mentioned.  I have
found a few problems, but have not been able to fix everything yet.  The big
mystery at this point is that somehow the "text" property is getting reset to
an empty string, even though the "value" property is a valid Julian Day.

The text property is a valid date string when the window is constructed, but
sometime after that, it gets reset to an empty string.  I haven't tracked it
down yet.  Must go to bed now, unfortunately.

BTW, one problem I have found is that when you use the Qt designer "promote"
feature to make a QSpinbox into a ExtDateEdit, the ExtDateEdit inherits the
(incorrect) minimum/maximum values of the QSpinbox (0-99 by default).  I
fixed this in my local copy by calling setRange(-20000000,20000000) for both
StartDateBox and EndDateBox in lcgenerator.cpp.  I haven't committed this fix
yet, though.  I'm hoping to find a better solution.

KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars