[Kstars-devel] I'd like to help...

Mike Rosseel Mike.Rosseel at gmx.net
Wed Jun 28 23:18:10 CEST 2006

Hi Chris,

>   My name is Chris Kraft. I live in Tucson Arizona. I would like to help
> the KStars development effort. I am a programmer but I would like to join
> the Data Team. I'm not sure how much time I can dedicate to the project but
> I would like to help any way I can.

Usually Jason answers these kind of questions because he knows what the
priorities are, but I'll fill in and say: Welcome!

I'm sure there's plenty of stuff to do in the data department.

A personal favourite of mine is deepsky contours (just like megastar has), but
I think this is a huge task to start with.

Jason will undoubtedly chime in with some more reasonable suggestions, in the
mean time you could look at the open bugs which pertain to your interests.
The following query shows at least one (USNO) which looks quite data related:

http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&product=kstars&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&cmdtype=doit

greetings,
Mike