[Kstars-devel] trunk now requires dbus

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sat Jun 17 03:42:17 CEST 2006

Hello,

KDE now depends on DBus, as I found out when I tried to compile KStars today.
This requires a small cascade of dependency updates:

* Qt >= 4.1.3 (I had to update qt-copy...why does "svn up qt-copy" take so
long??)
* DBus >= 0.62 (available here:
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus-0.62.tar.gz)
* QtDBus (in kdesupport; see kdelibs4_snapshot/PORTING-TO-DBUS.txt for
instructions on compiling DBus and QtDBus)
* latest kdelibs4_snapshot

When I tried to compile DBus-0.62, I got errors related to unresolved gtk
symbols.  It must be that it requires a fairly recent gtk2-devel package (but
somehow configure is checking for the wrong version?).  Anyway, I worked
around it by adding "--disable-gtk" to my configure line.

Happy compiling ;p