[Kstars-devel] Porting line clipping to 4.0

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 10 00:28:44 CEST 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 15:20, James Bowlin wrote:
> I'm guessing that maybe there is some new magical incantation I need to
> perform on the new SkyPoint, mid, before it is ready to be sent to toScreen().

I needed to add a call to EquatorialToHorizontal() after creating the SkyPoint:

 mid = SkyPoint( ra * 12. / dms::PI, dec * 180. / dms::PI );
 mid.EquatorialToHorizontal( data->LST, data->geo()->lat() );
 omid = toScreen( &mid, Options::projection(), Options::useAltAz(), Options::useRefraction(), scale, &clipped );

It seems to be working now.  It is a little hard to tell for certain because
even the slewing is slow but it looks like it works in 4.0 and I'm certain it
works in 3.5.x.

I've attached a patch file for adding this code.  The patch file is about
200 lines long.  If the attachment doesn't work, I'll post again with the
patch in the body of the message.

--
Peace, James