[Kstars-devel] Need help diagnosing KStars slowness

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 7 07:01:57 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 22:02, Jason Harris wrote:
> The skymapevents2.diff patch assumes that you've already
> applied the skymapevents.diff patch from my previous message.

It seems skymapevents2.diff includes the changes in skymapevents.diff
so it will fail if you have already applied skymapevents.diff.

Best to not apply skymapevents.diff at all, or if you already have,
undo those changes before applying skymapevents2.diff.

FWIW, I get numbers like:

kstars: SkyMapComposite::update() took 4383 ms
kstars: SkyMapComposite::updatePlanets() took 4222 ms
kstars: SkyMapComposite::updateMoons() took 63 ms
kstars: SkyMapComposite::update() for Alt/Az took 129 ms
kstars: X: Full update took 8800 ms
kstars: Skymap draw took 8326 ms

--
Peace, James