[Kstars-devel] toolbars

Radian simang4 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 11:26:31 CEST 2006

My first impression concerning that simplification policy was not positive but
it is soon to juzdge and it may bring something good. If you have to reduce
the number of buttons, I think that the five proposed ones are OK.

Toolbars customization is a common task for the average user and there's no
problem in doing it; however I have the feeling that forcing a too simple
initial interface degrades KStars a bit and I agree Jasem that it's handy to
have the View toolbar accessible from the beginning, specially for slow
system owners and new[bie] users.

I've just set the View toolbar with (spanish) text below the Main toolbar and
a screen width of 1600 pixels is not enough to host all nine buttons. So,
what about a dialog like this in the first-time wizard?

"Which toolbar setup do you want?
 - Clean: few buttons with text (default).
 - Classical: smaller buttons without text. Includes the View toolbar.
 [- Custom ?]"

At least the responsibility of an over-simplified first look would be on the
user's side. :)

Hmmm... KDE with dbus, fewer icons, text under them... it seems that love is
in the air...

Regards,
        Radian.