[Kstars-devel] [coding]Satellites library

jb ashashiwa at wanadoo.fr
Sun Sep 25 15:35:39 CEST 2005

Hi all :)

On a previous mail, I've told developping a C library for position satellites
calculation.

This job will be done on 8-9 October week end ;) (a good code week end)

What's the aim ?
Having a strong, fast and light C library that gives Ra & Dec of a satellites,
by given TLE, position and time.

To do what ?
search what satelites you've seen last night, predict ISS pass on Sun or
moon...

Why not include this on Kstars code ?
We want to share it with all other ephemerids program (cartes du
ciel/Skycharts for example)

A Little problem :
we aren't really good programmers ;) but we'll be helped by Patrick Chevalley
to do this.

If you have any asks, hints, clue, code to do this, please send me a mail to
this adress.

Mail you soon,

					Jean-baptiste BUTET