[Kstars-devel] Fwd: KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Thomas Kabelmann thomas.kabelmann at gmx.de
Mon Sep 12 11:32:46 CEST 2005

Hi Jason,

thank you for reviewing my patches.

> Added EquatorComponent, modeled on HorizonComponent.  Thomas, you had
> a comment that Equator would be difficult to add, but I didn't
> understand why.  Can you have a look at what I did?

I've just copied and pasted the original algorithm, which defines equator,
horizon and ecliptic at once. As there the horizon and ecliptic will defined
by using the equator as starting point, I thought that it is necessary to
init first the equator and then the horizon component by using the equator.
But as you are more familar with these algorithms, feel free to change it.

> comment out '#include "planethelper.h"' in abstractcomponent.cpp,
> because it does not exist
This is definitively an obsolete file which just existed locally on my svn
copy.

I'm not at home for the next 2 weeks, so I will not commit anything, just
answer the mails as far as possible. So feel free, to remove the comments. On
my TODO list are now the planets and comets, I will commit after I'm back
home.

Regards,
Thomas