[Kstars-devel] printing problem

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Sep 8 20:16:14 CEST 2005

Hello,

While testing KStars for 3.5, I have noticed that printing doesn't work.
However, it seems that it isn't a KStars problem, because I can't get
printing to work from other KDE apps either.  After some testing, it appears
that any time I attempt to print something that contains a bitmap image from
any KDE app, I get an unprintable postscript file.

I am hoping this is some problem with my system.  Can someone else test this?
In KStars, you can try to print-to-file while the display is showing a
messier object (with image) or zoomed in on a planet (or Sun or moon).  Then
use KGhostview to display the PS file.  When I do that, I get an error
messagebox indicating that gs couldn't parse the file.  It works fine if the
display does not contain a messier or planet image, however.

thanks,